Please wait a few seconds while we redirect you
to the new and improved House of Annie website at
www.houseofannie.com !

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Broiled Miso Seabass

One of the things I enjoyed growing up in Hawaii was "miso butterfish". There's some confusion over what exactly this "butterfish" is. But there's no denying how yummy it is.

Marinate some seabass fillets in sake, mirin, and white miso for 3 days, turning each day to ensure even coating.


Broil until the top starts to turn nicely brown. Then turn the oven to 400*F for about 8 minutes. Remove and cool.


Over the three days marinating, that lovely miso flavor permeated the flesh of the seabass. Definitely have to do this again!

Aloha.

1 Comment:

Rasa Malaysia said...

Oooh 3 days of marinating, I am sure your fish tasted a lot better than mine. I did mine overnight because I couldn't wait. The recipe calls for 2-3 days too but I am worried that my fish will turn rotten. :P

By the way, thanks for your link now I can visit your blog. :)