Please wait a few seconds while we redirect you
to the new and improved House of Annie website at
www.houseofannie.com !

Friday, July 13, 2007

Baked Cod

We had gotten some whole fresh cod at the farmer's market fish vendor. Annie wanted to do a Chinese-style, steamed fish with black bean but I had other ideas. Don't know why, but I wanted to try something Belgian-style.

Recipe adapted from http://www.recipezaar.com/135778

First I browned a sliced onion in butter and olive oil. Then I took the cod and cleaned, filleted it and seasoned it. I laid down half the onion with some chopped chives, parsley and herbs de Provence in a glass baking dish, then laid on the fillets, then the rest of the onion, chives, and herbs. I added a couple of bay leaves, then some slices of lemon and finally poured on some dry vermouth. Baked the dish at 350* for 15 minutes.


Here it is plated up with brown basmati rice on top and steamed wax beans with Dijon mustard-shallot vinaigrette dressing on the bottom. The fish by itself was very lightly flavored but when eaten together with the herbed onions was quite tasty. Turns out, Belgian ain't bad at all.

Aloha.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

What is that special one that make it Belgian? ;p ....I like steamed cod anytime. I usually do with ginger and spring onions, dashes of cooking wine. Can even add lemongrass to make it more-Thai.