Please wait a few seconds while we redirect you
to the new and improved House of Annie website at
www.houseofannie.com !

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Grilled Arctic Char

Like a lot of people, we don't get nearly enough fresh fish in our diet. Fish is so expensive nowadays! Recently, some friends of ours came back from a fishing trip to Alaska. They had almost a hundred pounds of fish that was caught in the wild, cleaned, and packed frozen. Of course, they couldn't eat it all so we were lucky to get a portion of their haul :-)

These are four roasts of Arctic Char, a fish similar to trout but is ocean going. I love the cute pink dots going down the side. The fish was unbelievably fresh. It was already cleaned, but somehow were missing the heads (darn it!). I seasoned the inside with s&p and stuffed the cavity with a sprig of rosemary, a few sprigs of thyme, and some thin slices of lemon. Then I secured the cavity with toothpicks.

The fish went on an oiled grill grate over low heat and went about 12 minutes before flipping. I don't have the exact time but I was aiming for a medium-well touch test. I loved the lemon and thyme flavors, but didn't really care for the rosemary. The fish itself was tasty - almost like a salmon but not as oily.



Mmm, nothing like grilled fresh fish!

Aloha.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not cooked any whole fish ever since I came here. I agree. Such wonderful feeling to have grilled FRESH fish, on the bones. :)