Please wait a few seconds while we redirect you
to the new and improved House of Annie website at
www.houseofannie.com !

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Foccacia w/ Poached Garlic

After my last foray into breadmaking, I thought I'd take another stab at it so I started looking through "The Bread Bible" for an easy recipe. This one looked interesting. Foccacia, studded with garlic cloves that have been poached in olive oil.

First I separated and peeled one head of garlic, put them in a small saucepan and covered it with olive oil. I poached them over low heat for half an hour before removing them to cool.

The foccacia recipe is a very wet dough and I almost thought I ruined it because it was so gloppy. But with a little more patience (and the right attachment for the KitchenAid), the dough got to the right consistency. I let it rise for 4 hours before pouring it out onto a sheet pan that was greased with the garlic-infused oil. I stretched it out, then studded the garlic cloves into the dough.


It sat for another hour then went into the oven at 475*F for 13 minutes.

I'd say it came out all right for a first attempt. The poached garlic is great - almost sweet. I'll have to do it again...this time with more garlic! :-p

Aloha.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

This foccocia bread looks delicious!!!

Nate @ House of Annie said...

@Rhonda - Thanks!