Want to win an autographed copy of "The Heirloom Tomato : From Garden to Table" by Amy Goldman?
Amy Goldman, author of the beautifully done books "The Compleat Squash" and "Melons for the Passionate Grower" finally came out with a book to please every tomato lover. "The Heirloom Tomato" is an encyclopedia of information on hundreds of varieties of (you guessed it) heirloom tomatoes. But beyond just information and recipes, this book features the delicious photographic artwork of Victor Schrager. We were fortunate to meet Amy in person when we attended the TomatoFest in Carmel Valley back in September, where we got her to autograph a copy of her book. And we're giving it away to one lucky winner!
Of course, what good is an heirloom tomato book without any heirloom tomatoes to grow and cook? So, IN ADDITION to the book, Annie will help the winner choose seeds of 10 varieties of tomatoes out of Annie's library of over 200 heirloom tomatoes. Annie will mail seed packets of these varieties out to the winner along with the cookbook in January.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
If the winner of the book is in the San Francisco Bay Area, we will deliver 10 starts of heirloom tomato plants, ready for planting, in late April or early May; or they can come to the House of Annie in San Jose in late August or early September to collect a basket of ripe tomatoes from our organic garden.
How Do You Win?
The House of Annie is participating in the Menu for Hope campaign fundraiser for the World Food Program created by Pim of the fabulous Chez Pim food blog. The proceeds raised by this fundraiser go toward buying food for a school lunch program in Lesotho Africa, from local farmers. For every $10 donated to the fundraiser, you receive a "virtual raffle ticket" which could win you an awesome prize.
In addition to our prize, some of the other prizes offered this year include:
- a two-day, Master Food Styling Class Workshop in Los Angeles
- a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- a full tasting menu dinner for 2 plus wine at Michelin-rated Manresa Restaurant in Los Gatos, plus a personal tour of the kitchen gardens at Love Apple Farms by Chef Kinch
- a 2-day stay at Meadowood Resort in Napa Valley, with a dinner for 2 at Michelin-rated Meadowood Restaurant.
Check out the master list of Menu for Hope V prizes.
It's Easy to Enter!
- Choose a prize from the master list.
- Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope5 and click the Give Now button to make a donation.
- Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
Enter our prize code of UW39
- Enter your correct email address so they can contact you if you win the prize.
Hurry and enter now! There's very little time left to contribute to this great cause.