Please wait a few seconds while we redirect you
to the new and improved House of Annie website at
www.houseofannie.com !

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Waldorf Salad

A long time ago, I used to think that salads were just about leaf lettuce plus toppings. (Okay, macaroni salad and fruit salad also count). Then one night my uncle made this Waldorf salad using apples, celery, raisins, sunflower seeds, and (of all things unholy) mayonnaise. What kind of a wierd combo was this?

But I tasted it, and liked it. I don't normally see Waldorf salads served very often but when I do, I make sure to take a helping.

Here, Annie made this version using Granny Smith and Fuji apples, celery, grapes, craisins, black and golden raisins, and chopped toasted pecans. The dressing was made from mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and sugar. Inspired by another recipe off of Epicurious.



Aloha.

0 Comments: